About Covedale School
The aim of Covedale School’s staff is to encourage children’s curiosity, excite them intellectually, provide them with the skills needed for academic and social success, and surround them with an atmosphere of warmth and concern.
Covedale is one of the elementary College-Preparatory programs designed to help students to build solid academic skills to prepare for high school and beyond. We aim to increase comprehension abilities and broaden reading, study and leadership skills. Students explore the scientific method and must complete research papers in each grade. Our intermediate students participate in the GE Aviation and Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum (NASM) Project. This project is designed to bring unique and real-world learning experiences to students via interactive video conferencing with explainers at NASM.
We Are Covedale School:
- Covedale Elementary is a neighborhood school serving students in grades K-6 in the communities of Covedale and West Price Hill in Cincinnati.
- Covedale Elementary is a west side magnet school for College Prep in grades 4-6.
- A large population of our students qualify for enrollment at Walnut Hills, or other High School programs in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- Parent involvement is encouraged through a strong and active Parent Teacher Association.
- Covedale is one of only 5 CPS elementaries to be part of the GE NASM Project.
- Our school is the only elementary school to partner with the University of Cincinnati to provide college-like experiences to our students.
- Our students visit college campuses to develop an understanding of what college is like.
- Covedale School has earned the coveted School Incentive Award and is recognized as an Achieving School by our district.
Covedale Elementary School will provide excellent educational services to students. These services will be achieved by:
- Providing effective instruction using current methods and materials in a small classroom setting
- Promoting mutual respect, cooperation and appreciation for all members of the school community
- Providing effective support staff to meet the unique instructional needs of our students
The mission of Covedale School is to provide a rigorous academic education where all students exceed state-defined academic standards in a safe and caring environment.
At Covedale School, I pledge to never give up, encourage others, and to do my best.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Covedale.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact us.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-1700.