|"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it." -Peter McWilliams|
Enrichment ActivitiesCovedale offers a variety of enrichment activities as part of the school day depending on the student's grade level and class.
- Latin: Part of our college preparatory program
- Gifted education : Full-time gifted intervention specialist (Mrs. Tisue) provides individualized instruction to identified gifted students
- Pre-Algebra: Offered to students in 6th grade who have mastered 6th grade math standards
- Volunteer opportunities: Tutors/mentors for younger students, part of the daily recycling team, and more
- University of Cincinnati's StEP (Student Enterprise Program): Available for all students in grades 4-6; students earn StEP dollars which can be spent at the StEP store, saved (with interest!), or donated to charity. Covedale had the 5th highest donation number out of the twenty-two schools that participated in the program last year. The students donated a total of $488.08 real dollars to their charity (SPCA)!
- School Store: "Colts Cash" earned for positive behavior/school jobs can be spent at the school store, teaching real-world economics
- Award-winning recycling & composting program : Classroom and lunchroom composting and recycling teach students about conservation, responsibility, and more
- Concerts: Each child will have an opportunity to be on stage at some point during the year!
- Career Day: Unique opportunity for students in grades 4-6 to learn about professions in our community
- iGames: Over the summer, students entering 5th grade were able to participate in a free camp funded by UC in which they used STEM skills to train invertebrates for competition. (Covedale cleaned up at the final games!!)
Covedale also offers many different types of after-school activities in which students may choose to participate.
- Brain Bowl Academic Team: Tuesdays
- Skating Parties: sponsored by the PTA, generally held on the first Tuesday of each month
- LEGO Club: 2nd Friday of the month
- Computer Programming Club: 3rd Friday of the month
- Green Council: periodically before school
- Art Club: Wednesdays
- Tennis Club: Wednesdays in the spring (3rd grade only)
- Gardening Crew : two Fridays per month
- Fly High Dance Tea
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company's Project 38