Included on this page are an array of resources to help our families find important information and stay engaged in their child's learning. View additional resources offered by our partners.
Families and Students
Below are links to some of the most important information you’ll need as you prepare your child for a rewarding educational experience in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- CPS Student Health Forms
- CPS Parent and Student Forms
- Food Services
- Severe Weather Procedures
- AR Book Finder — Check to see if your child's book is in the Accelerated Reader system.
- Accelerated Reader Parent Login — Check on your child's AR points. If you need a username and password, contact your child's language arts teacher. (Note: Your child cannot take AR tests from home.)
- 100% is Overrated: People labeled "smart" at a young age don't deal well with being wrong
- Stereotypes that Distort How Americans Teach Math
- Multiplication.com — Lots of fun games for students to use as they build basic multiplication fluency.
- How Parents Can Help with Engage New York (the math curriculum used at Covedale)
- Easy-to-Make Math Board Games
- More Ways that Parents Can Help
- Standard Algorithms in the Common Core
- Understanding Number Bonds & Ten Frames
- The Progression to Algebra
- Math Rules that Expire
- Standards for Mathematical Practices
- Math Powerpoint
For children who are experiencing homelessness, the risk of falling behind academically is significantly greater. Project Connect helps clear barriers to education for families who are homeless. From assisting with enrollment and promoting attendance to providing in-school and summer programs, Project Connect provides guidance and support to give a leg up for children and youth who are experiencing homelessness. Learn more about Project Connect and the services it offers.
PowerSchool is the computer system used by Cincinnati Public Schools to keep track of student information. It helps parents be an active part of their children's education and keep track of academic progress on a daily basis.
Schoology (pronounced "Skoo-luh-jee") Communication Tool Now Available — is an integrated learning-management solution that gives students, parents and teachers a new and easy way to connect and communicate.
Google Apps for Education — CPS has adopted Google Apps for Education as a key tool for student learning. Google Apps for Education is a web-based suite of programs provided by Google for schools to use. All Google Apps services can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Putting our Technology Tools to Work
Our world is driven by technology. Digital devices and software add a dynamic element that keeps students interested and provide access to tools that prepare them for the future.